Every one has a passion for certain things ….Some out of those want to change that passion to blog.
- so that many people across the world can be benefited .
- so that they can earn a definite amount of money by writing and monetizing their resources.
We have decided to create the most comprehensive guide on how to start a WordPress blog without any technical knowledge.
What do you need to start a WordPress blog?
There are three things you need to start a WordPress blog:
- An idea or topic (eg. technology )
- A domain name based on your idea (eg. www.techmooz.com)
- A web hosting account (this is where your website live on the internet
Below are the steps
If you want to start a WordPress blog, here’s a simple step-by-step guide:
- Sign up for web hosting provider (I recommend go daddy).
- Pick a domain name for your blog.
- Choose a hosting plan.
- Purchase the domain and hosting package and Complete your hosting registration.(Dedicated word press hosting)
- Set the hosting and integrate it with purchased domain
- Dedicated word press hosting will help you to install word press automatically. Follow the instruction and set your username and password.
- Log in and write your first blog post.
before stating off the guide tour ,let me tell you that there is no need to have vast technical knowledge to start a word press blog.
Once you get your blog ready and running, you’ll probably want to start writing and tweak its appearance/functionality. To help you do that, we’ll also show you how to:
- Write your first blog post using the WordPress Editor
- Change how your WordPress blog looks using a “theme”
- Add functionality to your blog using tools called “plugins”
- Write your first blog post using the WordPress Editor
So lets move ahead
1.Sign up for web hosting (I recommend godaddy).
Web host are the companies who manages everything starting from domain ,hosting,security,seo plans.
To start with Lets go to www.godaddy.com (I m using go daddy for a reference).I like go daddy because its one of the most reliable hosting provider across the globe. Others are host gator, blue host ,big rock,etc.
Once you get into the website,Kindly sign up and make a account with go daddy using your email id.
Once you finished signing up. Just Sign back in to the account.
2.Pick a domain name for your blog
we assume that you are now signed in to the go daddy account.Now lets search for the specific domain name (the name which can differ you from other blog).
Search for the name in the blank box appearing on the homepage .
If your desired name appears in the after search list provided by go daddy,Just add the domain in the cart.If not,keep searching on till your desired and relevant domain name doesn’t come.
After adding the domain name in your cart ,lets move further to the next step.
3.Choose a hosting plan.
- So now that you have added your relevant domain name to your cart ,Its time to buy hosting plan provided by the hosting provider.
- click on the hosting tab from the menu.
- Once you hover the hosting tab from the menu ,you will see three types of hosting plans .
- Here we will click on the word press hosting since we are going to build websites through word press and Go daddy’s dedicated word press hosting is the perfect one and ideal choice for that.
- After getting into the hosting panel ,you will be asked to choose your hosting need .Here since we are going to build one website s we will purchase basic word press hosting plan for one website only .
- Now lets add Basic word press hosting plan to the cart.
Note-If you purchase word press hosting for a year ,you will get domain name free (Limited time offer).In some case you will also get SSl certificate with that hosting.
4. Purchase the domain and hosting package and Complete your hosting registration.(Dedicated word press hosting)
Now Its time to purchase the products (Domain +word press dedicated hosting) from the cart.Now lets proceed with the payments and purchase the products by paying through various means ie. Debit or credit card, money wallet,pay pal,or many more .
5.Set the hosting and integrate it with purchased domain
- Now since we have purchased the domain and hosting from the service provider.Now its time to integrate the hosting with domain.
- For that, we have go to our purchased products part.lets move to the hosting part further.
- There we can clearly see our word press hosting which is suggesting us to set up through its bold caption.
- Just click on set up .
- After clicking ,it will tell to choose the domain name from the list of domains in your account. Since here we have only one domain ,we will choose our newly purchased domain
6.Dedicated word press hosting will help you to install word press automatically. Follow the instruction and set your username and password.
- In next step,You have to set up the username and password for new word press account. then select the timezone and click on set up
- Now the go daddy server will automatically start to integrate the hosting and package together.Sit down till it finishes integrating.Generally ,it will take two to three minutes depending upon your internet speeds.
Note– Remember the user id and password used during wordpress account setup
7 .Log in and write your first blog post.
- Now in the same tab or in new tab open the domain name followed by wp-admin ie www.techmooz.com/wp-admin and click enter
- enter the user id and password and login
Now, Your new blog is ready to be written
Lets start writing our first article .
In the next segment ,we will be describing the steps and tips to write a well organized article and some more tweaks which will make the article/blog looks good.